EPU who’s who
The Equality Policy Unit (EPU) is the centre for policy development and expert advice on equality and inclusion at the University of Leeds. It is responsible for:
- supporting the University, including faculties and services, to embed and implement the objectives identified within the Strategy
- ensuring the University meets its statutory obligations under the Public Sector Equality Duty
- assisting the University to implement inclusive practice through the development of appropriate policies, guidance and support
- lead the implementation of the Equality and Inclusion Framework and Strategy
- providing a policy development and advisory service to the University and its faculties, schools and services
- promoting and supporting the University’s aspirations to become a national and international sector leader in equality and inclusion
Sabiha Patel – Equality & Inclusion Manager
As Equality and Inclusion Manager, I lead on the implementation of the University’s Equality and Inclusion Framework, supporting Faculties, Schools and Services on strategy, policy and good practice which support an inclusive staff and student experience and ensure everyone achieves the best outcomes. I am represented on a range of University groups and maintain strong external professional network contact which supports our achievement of this work.
My telephone number is 0113 343 3964.
Ian Turnpenny – Equality & Inclusion Officer
I am involved in the delivery of projects, events and training as well as supporting the implementation and delivery of the University’s Equality and Inclusion Strategy. In addition I research and write guidance and briefings on a range of equality issues. I am also the principle contact for the University’s Equality & Inclusion Committee.
My telephone number is 0113 343 7539.